I have had more and more people ask me recently if I would review their construction drawings, or if I am available as a consultant for them during the construction of their home, and several other requests. The answer is yes. I am available for all kinds of straw bale consulting work and have simply remained somewhat quiet about it over the years. I really enjoy consulting with owner builders as I get to meet a lot of wonderful people and I get to share the expertise I have collected over the years.
I offer all kids of services from the very basic, one time consult to full project consulting. Some examples of recent jobs I have completed are as follows:
1. General consulting about straw bale home applicability in specific regions.
2. Initial plan review for basic layout and function.
3. Construction Drawing review with full blown inspection for all straw bale aspects and design considerations.
4. Project consulting with building department intervention and assistance.
5. Monthly consulting for homes under construction.
6. Package consulting covering the entire scope of the job from start to finish.
I offer straw bale consulting in a number of different options.
1. By the hour with a minimum of 2 hours on each job.
2. Project Packages. These packages allow you access to me on an on going basis over a period of:
a. One month
b. Three months
c. Six months
d. One year
The one year straw bale consulting package is the most economical way to go if you are actually building a home because a full year of my consulting helps you walk through the design and construction phases with an expert at your side. I have had very good results with my past clients. Here’s what some had to say.
I wish I had brought Andrew on earlier in the process. Once he got on board, things smoothed out tremendously.
Eric G. -Oregon
The help I got from Andrew was great. What started as a simple plan review ended up saving me thousands of dollars in the long run. The number of mistakes on my plans was crazy, even though I had an architect do the drawings.
Sarah P. -California
I worked with Andrew during the construction of my home. I acted as my own contractor. The support I received from him was priceless. His technical knowledge of straw bale construction was why I decided to work with him, but I really feel like the personal support he offered me throughout the process was what helped me succeed in building my own house.
Janet F. -Arizona