This unique and ecological Quebec house for sale is situated at the end of a quiet, secure and very private street in Grenville-sur-la-Rouge. This is a Canadian municipality situated in the province of Québec, in the MRC of Argenteuil in the area known as the Laurentian’s.
Grenville-sur-la-Rouge is situated north of the Ottawa River and just across the town of Hawkesbury. Its geography is characterized by the setting of the Laurentians Mountains. The Rouge River joins the Ottawa River at the western potion of the municipality. This river is very popular for its nautical activities: Kayaking, Rafting, and Canoeing. Grenville-sur-la-Rouge is a quiet, secure, artistic, professional and bilingual community, close to the Ottawa, Montréal, and the Laurentian Ski resorts.
The property is situated near the municipal walking path, and just two minutes from the Hawkesbury-Grenville interprovincial bridge. It is well situated and close to shopping malls, provincial’s highways, hospitals, and Laurentian skiing areas.
This mezzanine style house:
- is 30 by 40 feet and is aligned and has high efficiency windows for maximum sun entry
- it has 3 bedrooms with 2 full bathrooms, separate shower and full bath
- it has 3 distinct heating systems: a Brock high efficiency central heating, 2 high efficiency wood stoves, and high efficiency electric heaters.
- The house has a finished basement
- The house is covered with hand made pine sidings, and the roof has commercial steel covering
- The house walls is of a wood structure insulated with straw bales (R52 factor)
- Its mezzanine style and open concept permit for easy air circulation and a sense of well being
- The inside of the house is finished using old fashioned cement-sand-limestone, jack pine floors<
- The house is supplied by a deep well and a standard approved septic system
- The house resides on a 1.5 acres lot covered at 55% of mature trees
- Detached from the house is a 2 car garage
- High speed internet is available in the area.
If you want to list your straw bale house with us and get it in front of thousands of straw bale specific readers, shoot me an email at Andrew@StrawBale.com. We will place the house on the blog, in our social media platforms, and in our newsletter. We charge a very small fee for the service and will get your house in front of tens of thousands of interested readers.