The backdrop for this home is amazing. Yes, it get cold in the winter, but with a straw bale home, you won’t mind at all. You’ll be happy to look out at the stellar views from the comfort of your super efficient straw bale home. This home sits on five fenced acres in the beautiful San Luis Valley. If you’ve never been there, it’s certainly a slice of heaven. The views are like no other place I’ve been. It’s like standing at the feet of mountain gods!
Here are some of the features of this home:
- Double-pane windows throughout.
- Metal roof
- Post-and-beam frame made with 12-inch wooden poles.
- Two-string (R-45) barley straw bales covered with portland stucco.
- Off-the-grid wind- and photovoltaic electrical power.
- Propane gas cooking and heating installed.
- Wood heat stove on-site.
- Octaganal open area floor plan including 780-square foot Great Room and 180-sq. foot sleeping loft, plus walkway to attached 300-sq. foot greenhouse.
As is always said about real estate, it’s all about location, location, location. The same is true here. As you can see in the picture above, you get amazing views with this property. What usually happens in such cases is that you must choose to live hours from “civilization” to afford such great views. Not in this case. Groceries, gas, and the post office are within only six miles of the house. The school is only 10 miles away. If you need something more than the local town can offer you, the city of Alamosa is only 22 short miles away. If adventure is your thing, you can explore the Great Sand Dunes since the entrance is only 16 miles from the property.
Built on the base of three of Colorado’s famous 14,000-foot plus peaks, this property offers unparalleled mountain scenery out the back door, with unmatched vistas of the entire San Luis Valley out of the front.
The property, located just North of Blanca, Colorado, is currently being offered for $75,000. Contact Laura at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.