You might not know that this straw bale house for sale is actually made of straw bales. The siding hides the truth of the walls. This unique and ecological house is situated at the end of a quiet, secure and very private street in Grenville-sur-la-Rouge. This is a Canadian municipality situated in the province of Québec, in the MRC of Argenteuil in the area known as the Laurentian’s.
Grenville-sur-la-Rouge is situated north of the Ottawa River and just across the town of Hawkesbury. Its geography is characterized by the setting of the Laurentians Mountains. The Rouge River joins the Ottawa River at the western potion of the municipality. This river is very popular for its nautical activities: Kayaking, Rafting, and Canoeing.
Grenville-sur-la-Rouge is a quiet, secure, artistic, professional and bilingual community, close to the Ottawa, Montréal, and the Laurentian Ski resorts. This straw bale house for sale is situated near the municipal walking path, and just two minutes from the Hawkesbury-Grenville interprovincial bridge. It is well situated and close to shopping malls, provincial’s highways, hospitals, and Laurentian skiing areas.
Some details of this mezzanine style house:
- 30 by 40 feet southern exposure with high efficiency windows for maximum sun entry
- 3 bedrooms with 2 full bathrooms, separate shower and full bath
- 3 distinct heating systems: Brock high efficiency central heating, 2 high efficiency wood stoves, and high efficiency electric heaters.
- The house has a finished basement
- The house is covered with hand made pine sidings, and the roof has commercial steel covering
- The house walls is a wood structure insulated with straw bales (R52 factor)
- Its mezzanine style and open concept permit for easy air circulation and a sense of well being
- The inside of the house is finished using old fashioned cement-sand-limestone, jack pine floors
- The house is supplied by a deep well and a standard approved septic system
- The house resides on a 1.5 acres lot covered at 55% with mature trees
- Detached from the house is a 2 car garage
- High speed internet is available in the area.
The house is LEED certified.
Call for private viewing (819) 242-5658 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org for details. Please only serious, environmentally committed, financially sound buyers.
Please be sure to mention you heard about the property on StrawBale.com. Thanks!
The home is offered at $259,000 (CDN).
If you’re interested in listing your straw bale house for sale with us, please contact me at Andrew@StrawBale.com and we can get you set up with your own listing on the site. We will also share your home with our newsletter readers, and through our social media outlets. It’s a great opportunity to get your home in front of a straw bale specific crowd!